We are currently partnering with a leading educational body based in South London, who are recruiting for a Regional Finance Officer to join their growing team on a permanent contract!
Our client is proud to be recognised as an international charity with a key focus on transforming children’s lives through education.
This is a full-time position with a salary band of £27,000 - £34,000 (subject to experience) and the start date is subject to notice.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
- Assisting with maintaining the accounts, budgets and funds using PS Financials
- Reviewing all funding, and any other external income and raise any queries direct with the relevant body and highlight any discrepancies to the Finance Manager
- Dealing with all matters relating to Accounts Receivable including raising invoices and collecting monies for income owed including lettings, services, lunches etc
- Overseeing all matters relating to accounts payable, including processing, paying and reconciling invoices, account and delivery queries and departmental charging
- Reviewing the aged creditors to ensure they are accurate and correct and that all purchase invoices have been raised and monies paid on a timely basis. This includes reflecting direct debits from suppliers, inputting correcting journals into PSF, and recovering overpaid accounts from suppliers
- Supporting the Finance Manager in ensuring PSF Procurement process is followed correctly by all users; raising purchase order, goods received note, matching of invoice etc.
- Adhering to cash handling procedures and assist with the maintenance of petty cash administration
- Assisting the Finance Manager on a monthly basis in identifying and raising accruals (for expense items), accrued income (for income owed), prepayments (for expenses items paid in advance), and for deferred income (deferring income)
- Completing the monthly reconciliation of all control accounts including the bank accounts
- Must have at least 2-3 years Accounts Payable experience
- Able to run effective administrative and financial systems
- Experience using PS Financials is desirable
Rewards and Benefits:
- 27 days annual leave plus the eight public holidays
- New year and Christmas closures
- Generous pension contribution (11%)
- Excellent starting salary
- Learning and Development Programmes
- Active Discounts & Gym Memberships
- Free eye tests
- Saver’s scheme – offering discounts from major retailers
- 35 hours per week
- Monday - Friday 8:30am-5:30pm (can offer flexible working hours)
- Please note that this role does not offer hybrid working, the successful applicant will be required to be on site
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive £100 in vouchers each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews! *Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details