We are currently working in partnership with a national transport provider, who are looking to appoint a permanent Senior Industrial Relations Manager to promote and support positive industrial and employee relations across the organisation.
This will be a full-time position, based from their head office in Birmingham, with national travel required and hybrid working available, and a salary of circa £62,000 per annum.
The ideal candidate must have extensive experience managing relationships with trade unions.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Building and managing relationships with trade union representatives
- Leading on trade union negotiations, representing the company at stakeholder meetings
- Advising key stakeholders on terms & conditions and best practice
- Working with colleagues to promote positive employee relations and support high levels of engagement
- Leading policy development, updates and deployment to secure long-term company interests
- Extensive experience liaising with trade unions
- Detailed understanding of collective bargaining arrangements and associated policies and procedures and their application
- Specialist knowledge of ER procedures and processes such as employment tribunals, disability, diversity and equal opportunities
Skills, knowledge and expertise required:
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with stakeholders at all levels
- Commercially aware, able to prioritise and plan with the ability to make sound judgments about issues that may have an adverse effect on the business from an ER/IR risk perspective
- Ability to be able to plan negotiation strategies and deliver negotiations
Rewards and Benefits:
- 30 days holiday rising by 1 for every completed year of service to a maximum of 37 days (inclusive of bank holidays)
- 6.98% employee, 10.47% employer pension contribution
- Free travel on for you/spouse/partner/dependents
- Privilege Travel card (75% off fares for leisure travel)
- 35 hours per week
- Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £100 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews! Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details.