We are currently working in partnership with a Multi-Academy Schools Trust, who are looking to appoint a HR Advisor on a 6-month contract.
This will be a full-time position based between Handsworth and Birmingham, with some home working available, and a salary of circa £35,000 per annum.
The ideal candidate will have experience within the education sector, and extensive experience of providing updated knowledge of employment law and leading on complex employee relations cases.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Proactively managing employee relations cases, including absences, disciplinaries, grievances and performance
- Acting as an escalated point of contact for any queries surrounding HR policies and procedures
- Ensuring that the organisation meets its statutory employment, equality, health, and safety obligations on a monthly basis, reporting statistics to the Chief Operating Officer
- Leading and proactively filling vacant posts with high calibre staff jointly with the hubs Executive Principals, Principals and Head of Human Resources and leading on safer recruitment process
- Developing and maintaining procedures to ensure the safeguarding of children, including the maintenance of a single central record
- Liaising and engaging with trade union representatives
- Experience within the Education sector highly desirable
- CIPD qualified at Level 5 or above
- Strong employee relations case management
- Previous experience working within a unionised environment
- 37.5 hours per week
- Monday – Friday, 8.00am – 4.00pm
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £100 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews! Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details.