Our Local Government client based in Oxfordshire, is currently recruiting for an Employment Lawyer to join the team on a temporary contract basis.
The position is due to start immediately on a part-time basis. The hourly rate is negotiable based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate will have experience working within the Local Authority setting and specifically within Employment law.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Handling a complex caseload of employment matters on behalf of the Council, including advising on discrimination, equal pay, pensions, TUPE and policy matters
- Liaising and advising HR on sickness absences, restructures, equality issues, performance issues, and policy disputes
- Drafting settlement agreements, responding to employment claims and undertaking advocacy where required
- Providing timely and effective specialist legal advice to elected members, including Directors, senior managers and officers
- Knowledge in Employment Law
- Local Government experience
- 22 hours per week
- Monday – Friday
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £100 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews! Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details.