We are currently working in partnership with a public sector organisation based in Rugby, who are looking to appoint an Employee Relations Lead on a 12-month fixed-term contract to develop and improve their ER function.
This will be a full-time position based in Rugby, with hybrid working (3 days home working) and a salary of £45,000 to £50,000 per annum.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience of leading on complex employee relations cases, and exceptional employment law knowledge.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Managing complex employee relations cases, including legacy and confidential cases
- Supporting the HR Business Partners with lower-level employee relations cases
- Reviewing and re-writing template letters and supporting documentation
- Auditing and reviewing zero-hour contracts across the organisation, leading on consultations to correct contract variations
- Supporting the L&D Business Partner to create and deliver training about ‘Dignity at Work’ and the Equality Act 2010
- Public sector experience desirable
- Strong employee relations case management experience
Skills, knowledge and expertise required:
- Exceptional knowledge of relevant employment legislation
- Highly skilled at building relationships and stakeholder management
Rewards and Benefits:
- 23 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Flexible working days
- Enrolment to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- 37 hours per week
- Monday – Friday, highly flexible on daily hours
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £100 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews! Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details.