We are currently working in partnership with fast-growing Housing Association based in Buckinghamshire, who are looking for an Assistant Director of Finance to join their team on 6 months interim contract.
The position will be 37 hours per week, offering a competitive daily rate. Our client offers hybrid working, with 1 day on-site.
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified accountant with a proven track record in staff management as well as leading a finance function. Experience within the Social Housing sector would be highly desirable.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Managing a team of 13, including 6 qualified Accountants, carrying out appraisals, one to ones and performance reviews as and when necessary
- Holding overall responsibility for the preparation of timely, accurate and relevant monthly management accounts, quarterly forecast, annual budget and annual statutory accounts for each entity in the Group and on a consolidated basis
- Ensuring timely submission of the financial reports to the Executive Management Team, Committees and the Board to assist with decision making process at strategic and operational level
- Overseeing the reporting processes including: month end close, monthly management accounts, quarterly forecast, annual budget, the annual statutory accounts and regulatory returns to ensure processes are well planned, resourced, running efficiently and completed within the agreed timescales
- Partnering closely with Head of Treasury in the development and implementation of Treasury strategies, policies and procedures and ascertain the impact on the Finance team
- ACCA/ CIMA/ ACA/ FCCA qualified
- Must have proven track experience with leading a Finance function
- Excellent Finance Business Partnering experience
- Ability to project manage
Skills, knowledge and expertise required:
- Demonstrates highly effective leadership skills
- Committed to high quality customer service and engagement
- Works well with others
- Financially aware and promotes financial awareness
- Committed to equality and diversity
- Committed to delivering and promoting value for money
- Takes personal responsibility
- Innovator who can effectively manage change
- Ensures involvement of residents where appropriate
- Self-motivated, demonstrating drive, enthusiasm and determination
- Prioritises and plans effectively
- 37 hours per week
- No set days – hybrid working offered
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £100 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews! Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details.