Our client, based in Nottinghamshire, is currently recruiting for a Tenancy Sustainment Officer on a Fixed Term Contract for ten months. The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis. The hourly rate is negotiable based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate will have experience of providing advice on benefits and universal credit, experience of working within Social Housing and hold a full UK Driving License.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* To assist the Housing Officers –Income and Rent Management, in maximising income collection, in accordance with Policies and Procedures
* To provide a consistent, excellent income recovery and financial inclusion service to the Housing Association’s customers
* To be the first point of contact for enquiries relating to Rent and Income Management of low level arrears, including approaches via telephone, in writing or in person including booking appointments for colleagues as appropriate
* To manage and resolve low level credit, debts and former accounts, making and dealing with referrals as appropriate
* To process Housing Benefit notifications, be responsible for Housing Benefit queries and assist with Housing Benefit overpayments
* Visit customers in their homes or other appropriate venues to deliver one to one debt and money management advice, including discussing priority debts
* To monitor the ‘Landlord Portal’ for notifications of new Universal Credit claims. Complete the verification needed for the claim, notify the appropriate Housing Officer and where appropriate apply for an Alternative Payment Arrangement (APA)
* To participate in the validation of Housing Benefit claims and Housing Benefit application forms
* Experience of providing advice on benefits and universal credit
* Experience of working within a Social Housing Environment
* A full UK Driving License
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
For further information on the position, please contact Beth Hodson or Rachel Birbeck on 0116-268 5026 or please email enquiries to email@example.com.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: Housing Assistant, Rents Assistant, Income Officer, Income Assistant, Housing Officer, Rents and Income Officer
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details