We are currently partnering with a national charity based in North West London, who are recruiting for a Recruitment Officer to join their growing team on a permanent basis.
Our client is proud to be recognised as a national charity that supports both adults and children with learning disabilities and their families.
This is a full-time position with a salary of £27,300 and the start date is at the end of November (pending notice).
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Supporting the HR Business Partner for resourcing with all aspects of recruitment and selection, including; shortlisting, interviewing, organising service visits, carrying out compliance checks, liaising with managers, staff, and service users
- Undertaking recruitment activities for Support Workers, including: writing job descriptions, shortlisting CVs, holding interviews, organising service visits, conducting compliance checks and liaising with service users
- Overseeing the PSL and liaising with agencies when required
- Creating and developing new ways of recruitment and lead on projects where appropriate
- Supporting recruitment open days when required
- Undertaking additional duties, including minuting meetings commensurate with HR administration and reasonably requested by the HR Business Partner for Resourcing and / or HR colleagues
- Attending and participating in team meetings to work within a team culture providing support and encouragement to all team members
- Experience working within a busy Human Resources department
- Experience undertaking all aspects of the recruitment lifecycle from start to finish
- Experience working on reception or undertaking front of house duties
Skills, knowledge and expertise required:
- Clear understanding of recruitment activities and processes
- Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, in particular Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Good level of interpersonal and communication skills, along with a good telephone manner with the ability and confidence to effectively communicate with staff
- Excellent observational and deduction skills
- Good customer service skills with the ability to build appropriate professional, friendly and accessible relationships with people who use the service
Rewards and Benefits:
- Fully funded CIPD course (after probationary period of 6 months)
- Up to 38 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Opportunities to earn additional annual leave
- Travel loan scheme
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- High quality support and supervision
- Extensive free training
- Access to qualifications
- Employee assistance programme
- Free DBS check and update service membership
- Flexible working opportunities
- 37.5 hours per week
- Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm
- Hybrid working - 1 day WFH
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £100 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews! Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details.