Our client, based in Mid Wales, is currently recruiting for an Outreach Worker on a temporary contract for two months. Our client is proud to have a gold accreditation with Investors in People and they have been recognised for Healthy Working.
The position is due to start on the 19th of April on a full time basis. The hourly rate is negotiable based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience within the supported housing sector, and hold a full UK Driving License.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Supporting individuals with drug and alcohol problems who have been given temporary accommodation by the Local Authority
* Working with clients in their own homes to understand their individual needs and create tailored support plans
* Providing continual advice and support about their drug/alcohol issues
* Signposting to appropriate services when required, e.g. Social Services, the Police, Hospitals
* Enabling tenants to maintain accommodation and develop independent living skills
* Liaising with external agencies including the Local Authority when required
* Completing and maintaining up to date paperwork and files for each client
* Worked with support candidates
* Supported clients with substance misuse issues
* Supported and provided temporary accommodation to individuals with drug and alcohol problems
* 37 hours per week
* Monday – Friday 9am-5pm
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
For further information on the position, please contact Jack Hodson or Tej Singh on 02920-697 093 or please email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: Support Worker; Support- Substance Misuse; Supported Housing; Support Plans; Risk Assessments; Support- Homelessness
(List all keywords that do not appear in your advert that you think people might search for in order to direct them towards this advert e.g.
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details