We are delighted to be representing a public sector organisation, based in Wolverhampton, who are looking to appoint a new HR Business Partner on a 6-month fixed-term contract.
This will be a full-time position, with hybrid working (2/3 days home working), a salary of £46,047 - £53,353, and 30 days annual leave, plus bank holidays.
The client is looking for someone with strong experience delivering both operational and strategic HR services, with previous public sector experience.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Providing expert advice and support to senior managers and heads of departments on both strategic and operational HR policy
- Delivering guidance to senior managers on organisational design and change, including TUPE, job design, recruitment, EDI, redundancy and staff development
- Providing support to management on complex and high-risk employee relations cases, such as employment tribunal claims
- Encouraging effective people management competencies by supporting, coaching and influencing senior management in dealing with HR issues, such as performance management, succession planning, reward and employee relations
- Building effective and productive relationships with recognised trade unions
- Advising line managers on various organisational design processes, ensuring staff structures are aligned to the needs of departments, reviewing business cases around recruitment and assisting with workforce planning
- CIPD L7
- Public sector experience
- Delivering and advising on organisational change programmes
- Strong employee relations experience
Skills, knowledge and expertise required:
- Tactful and diplomatic in dealing with sensitive matters with proven influencing skills and the ability to deal effectively with conflict
- Strong knowledge of employment legislation and experience of providing advice and guidance to managers as required
Rewards and Benefits:
- 30 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Defined state pension scheme
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives
- Reward platforms and high street discounts
- 37 hours per week
- Monday – Friday, 8.45am-5pm
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.