Housing Officer

Posted 05 February 2024
Salary £30,928 - £37,801 per annum
Job type Permanent
Discipline Social Housing Recruitment
Contact NameHarry Simcox

Job description

We are currently working in partnership with a Housing Association based in Southwest Wales. In pursuit of excellence, we are actively seeking a permanent position as Housing Officer. This will be a full-time position based in Bridgewater, Taunton & Western-Super-Mare.

The salary is up to £37,801.50 per annum (dependent on experience), with 28 days holiday & to buy and sell holidays and access to flexible working.

The ideal candidate will consistently deliver an exceptional standard of customer-focused tenancy and neighborhood management services. Your role will involve managing a specified area of properties, with a predominant focus on fieldwork (70%) and the remaining (30%) conducted remotely from home.

Duties will include:

  • Deliver a proactive face-to-face tenancy management service to customers at key stages of their tenancy such as viewings, new tenancy visits, tenancy audits, end of tenancy visits and property inspections for mutual exchanges/transfers

  • Complete home visits responding to ad-hoc tenancy enquiries and breaches of tenancy which includes, unauthorised alterations, tenancy fraud and property related nuisance reports such as noise, garden or vehicle nuisance

  • Complete property inspections as part of a targeted programmed ensuring the home meets our standard and that it is safe and suitable for the customer

  • Work with customers where property condition failures are identified and agree achievable action plans

  • Identify support needs and offer information, guidance, and signpost to appropriate statutory and voluntary agencies to ensure our customers can sustain their tenancy and look after the home

  • Complete regular inspections to our neighborhoods and blocks of flats taking actions to deal with environmental nuisance and reporting repairs to make sure they are safe and clean

  • Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal departments and other external agencies to ensure that we are working towards outcomes that support tenancy sustainment, create neighborhoods where people want to live and enhance the service  

  • Safeguard vulnerable adults and children by escalating through the appropriate channels and represent housing in appropriate multi-agency meetings

Rewards and Benefits

  • 28 days annual holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 days per year

  • Flexible working

  • Free eye tests

  • Brilliant Maternity, Paternity or Adoption Leave

  • Access to training and career development

  • Life Assurance

  • Health and wellbeing packages

  • Company pension

  • Health cash plan, which includes discounts to a wide range of shops and services

Working hours:

35 hours per week

Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm

Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.

James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.

At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.

Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £100 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews! Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details.