We are currently working in partnership with a Local Authority based in Surrey, who are recruiting for 2x Building Surveyors on temporary 3 month contracts. The position is due to start immediately and the hourly rate of pay is negotiable up to £400 per day via an Umbrella company.
Due to the nature of the client base, the client is looking for someone who has previous experience of planned surveying and have a drivers‘ license.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for the on-site monitoring, inspection, QA & compliance auditing of major housing capital contracts - including kitchen & bathroom refurbishment, roof renewal programme, major voids
- Oversee reactive and planned maintenance and carry out pre and post inspections
- Compile reports for future major works or improvement programmes
- Complete Contract Administration
- Ensure that the properties are maintained and improved to the required standards, within authorised budgets and agreed timescales
- Provide regular performance information in relation to contractors and consultants employed on specific schemes
- Identify any health and safety concerns
- Experience required in Social Housing
- Experience working with customers within housing
- 35 hours per week
- Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £100 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews! Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details.