Our client, a leading London university, is currently recruiting for a Building Surveyor on a permanent contract. Our client is a world leading centre of educational excellence and ground-breaking research.
The position is due to start in April on a full time basis. The salary ranges from £44,084 – £50,594, dependant on experience.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in the education sector and hold full membership to a professional body. Knowledge and experience with health and safety policies and procedures is also beneficial.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Working as part of the projects team, contributing to the delivery of capital projects and minor works schemes
* Undertaking condition and measured surveys, specifying necessary works and preparing specifications and tender documentations
* Supervising contracts, including on-site management and contract administration to monitor costs against budgets
* Developing a portfolio of information for land, buildings and equipment and maintaining the fixed asset register
* Carrying out cyclical, planned and replacement programmes whilst ensuring a high quality of service is achieved
* Surveying properties and identifying refurbishment and remedial works as necessary
* Maintaining and updating the asset management database as required in line with asbestos and legionella operations, risk register and asset register
* Making recommendations to the Associate Director regarding expenditure and ensuring agreed budgets are adhered to
* Preparing and carrying out risk assessments and ensuring compliance with health & safety legislations
* Full membership to a relevant profession body
* Asbestos, CDM and Design management regulations
* Hold an accredited degree level qualification
* Previous educational experience
For further information on the position, please contact Kimberley Leasure or Jon Pearson on 0207-430 1284 or please email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: Building Surveyor, Health & Safety, Asbestos, CAD, Risk Assessments
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details