We are currently working in partnership with a Local Authority based in Kent, who are recruiting for an Adaptations Officer on a temporary 3 month contract. The position is due to start immediately and the hourly rate of pay is negotiable dependent upon experience.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working the adaptations and Disabled Facilities Grants, have an enhanced DBS certificate, or be happy to have one carried out, drive and have access to their own vehicle.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Provide technical advice for Housing Adaptations and assist in the management of the Disabled Facilities Grants (DFG) process and all other adaptations funded through the Adaptation Service within Private Sector Housing
- To assist in the day to day running of the Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG) and Council Adaptation process giving advice and information to both the public, Occupational Therapists and other key professionals
- Provide technical advice, regarding alterations and adaptations to properties for both the public and relevant professionals
- Ability to use the relevant IT systems, to keep accurate records of the Disabled Facilities Grant and the Council House Adaptation process and ensure that each case can be tracked
- Provide statistical and monitoring data, to outline, both the current position and timescales involved in the adaptation process
- Keep accurate budget figures for the various elements of the Adaptation process e.g. Disabled Facilities Grant and Council House Adaptations budget
Skills, knowledge and expertise required:
- Demonstrable experience of managing a team successfully
- Demonstrable experience of successful co-operation and team working with partner organisations, such as a Home Improvement Agency
- Demonstrate experience of working with an Adaptations team
Rewards and Benefits:
- Hybrid working
- Flexible working days
- 37 hours per week
- Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £100 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews! Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details.