We are currently working in partnership with a university based in North West London, who are looking to appoint a People & Culture Manager on a 12-month FTC with the potential to go permanent.
This will be a full-time position with hybrid working (3/4 days home working) and a salary of £53,685 to £55,129 per annum.
The ideal candidate will have extensive line manager experience. Additionally, a personable candidate with experience working within universities would be sought after.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Managing operations and the day to day running of HR, including making improvements to the department and overseeing the HR operational budget
- Leading a HR team of two HR Officers and a HR Assistant, ensuring clear communication and delegation of tasks as appropriate
- Dealing with and ensuring the continuous development of the recruitment process as well as representing the HR department on interview panels
- Heading complex HR queries and advising the team and managers, this could include two to three ER cases at any one time
- Assessing customer requirements and priorities through partnering with key stakeholders and establishing efficient and cost-effective service level agreements
- Reviewing salary surveys, ensuring staff remuneration is both competitive and appropriate in line with benchmark data
- Line management
- University experience is desirable
Skills, knowledge and expertise required:
- Experience of managing HR operations within a busy HR department, communicating at all levels within the organisation
- Must be able to build rapport amongst stakeholders in the organisation
- Advanced IT skills
- The capacity, enthusiasm, energy and willingness to meet challenging demands, working to deadlines and cost limits, and to initiate and sustain improvements in service
Rewards and Benefits:
- 35 days annual leave (inclusive of fixed closure days)
- 14.8% employer pension contributions
- Life insurance
- Employee well-being programme
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free organisational tickets
- 35 hours per week
- Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm
- Hybrid-working 3-4 times a week work from home
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £100 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews! Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details.