We are currently working in partnership with a London Borough, who are recruiting for a Litigation and Prosecutions Lawyer on a six-month contract. The position is due to start next week for a negotiable rate dependent on experience.
This role is almost entirely remote, as it only requires office presence twice a month. The ideal candidate will have a Local Government background.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Providing legal advice relating to civil, regulatory and prosecution matters and actively assisting in the development of policy
- Conducting civil, regulatory and prosecution matters, including considering evidence, drafting summons, preparing initial details of prosecution case, complying with disclosure, preparing trial and confiscation bundles
- Drafting civil court pleadings to include; claim forms, particulars of claim, defence, application notices and general case preparation
- Contributing to the financial and business management and budgetary requirements of the legal team and key client departments
- Conducting advocacy at the Magistrates, Crown and County Court as required on behalf of the Council
- Representing the Council in meetings with other authorities, government departments and other bodies
- Efficiently managing case work in accordance with departmental procedures
- Keeping up to date with changes in law, and bringing this to the attention of relevant client departments
- Must be an admitted solicitor, barrister or legal executive or hold an equivalent qualification from another jurisdiction
Skills, knowledge and expertise required:
- Expert knowledge and understanding of law and procedure relating to at least one of the councils following functions: civil litigation, regulatory and criminal litigation
- 35 hours per week
- Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £250 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews! Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details.