Our client, based in North Yorkshire, is currently recruiting for a Housing Officer on a permanent basis. The position is due to start immediately on a part time basis for 20 hours a week.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years’ experience in the sector, however this requirement can be flexible.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Responsible for tenancy and estate management for four gypsy sites
* Carry out visits to provide advice to tenants on rent queries and housing benefits entitlement
* Promote ‘good neighbour’ relationships between tenants and addressing any relevant disruptions/disagreements between tenants and surrounding neighbours
* Identify tenants that require additional support to that offered by the scheme and assisting tenants to access appropriate support
* Issue letters to those who had fallen behind on their payments
* Report repairs which are required within properties and liaise with the maintenance team
* Provide advice and assisting for pitch applications and general support to tenants to maintain their occupancy
* Dealt with vulnerable service users
* Provided a high level of support to a range of client groups
* Conducted support plans and risk assessments to a high level
* Hold an Enhanced DBS within three years and a full UK driving license
For further information on the position, please contact Rachel Birbeck or Samuel Birt on 0113-816 0098 or please email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: Housing officer; housing support officer; supported housing; support worker; support officer; project worker; key worker; housing support
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details