Our client, based in Wiltshire, is currently recruiting for a Planning Enforcement Team Leader on a 3-month temporary contract.
The position is due to start immediately on a full-time basis. The day rate is £350 per day via umbrella for this position.
The successful candidate will have experience of working in enforcement and planning and hold a relevant degree as well as professional membership. They will also have access to their own vehicle.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Day-to-day managing of a team of 10 Planning Enforcement Officers (EO’s) that are responsible for investigating breaches of planning control in the council district
- Overseeing the team carrying out 121s (for well-being reasons, performance monitoring reasons, etc.), and assisting the EOs with investigations, notice drafting, appeal work, etc, as necessary
- Deciding whether or not for each investigation it will be expedient to take formal enforcement action; and where it is expedient, to determine the appropriate action, and prepare notices with the EOs as necessary
- Preparing and/or contributing to appeal statements as required
- Instructing the Council's Legal Team where prosecution proceedings are necessary, and acting as the Council's expert witness in such cases as necessary
- Using sound knowledge of development control, planning application, enforcement application, enforcement work and appeals to assist the EO’s
- Essential qualifications: Educated to at least Degree level in Town Planning or a Heritage related subject & Full membership of a Relevant Professional Body/ Royal Town Planning Institute/Institute of Place Management (IPM) or demonstrate ability to achieve full membership status
- Working in enforcement
- Working in planning
- Managing a team
Skills, knowledge and expertise required:
- Educated to at least Degree level in Town Planning or a Heritage related subject
- Full membership of a Relevant Professional Body/ Royal Town Planning Institute/Institute of Place Management (IPM) or demonstrate ability to achieve full membership status
Rewards and Benefits:
- Hybrid working
- 37 hours per week
- Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £100 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews! Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details.