Our client, based in London, is currently recruiting for a Clerk of Works on a permanent basis. Our client is a leading private practice with projects covering a variety of sectors.
The position is due to start on notice on a full-time basis. The salary is up to £50,000 per annum.
The ideal candidate will have experience working on new build and residential properties.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
- Carrying out weekly inspections of the works of site and ensuring they are completed according to programme timelines
- Comparing completed works with drawings and specifications to ensure they are consistent and meet relevant approvals
- Measuring and sampling building materials to ensure they meet all relevant quality standards
- Identifying defects and providing options for correcting and facilitating negotiations and subsequent contract variations
- Monitoring and reporting on progress to clients, Employer’s Agents and relevant construction managers
- Liaising with construction staff, such as contractors, sub-contractors, engineers, surveyors and local Building Control Officers
Skills, knowledge and expertise required:
- Full UK driving license
- Competitive salary
- Car allowance
- Generous annual leave
- Company pension plan
- Company healthcare plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Monday - Friday
- 40 hours per week
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £100 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews! Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details.