We are currently partnering with one of the UK’s leading housing associations and developers, who are recruiting for an Accounts Payable Team Leader to join their growing team on a permanent basis.
Our client is proud to be s charitable housing association, committed to reinvesting their profits into new and existing homes and creating successful and thriving communities.
This is a full-time position offering a salary of £38,000 per annum and the start date is subject to notice. The ideal candidate will have a background managing an Accounts Payable function within Social Housing.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
· Reporting into the Accounts Payable Manager and leading a team of six direct reports including Supplier Management Officers and Invoice Clerks
· Assisting the team in their day-to-day activities to process supplier invoices and payments within agreed terms
· Overseeing the team’s key performance indicators including suppliers payments within set terms, managing and actively following risk processes, and monthly reconciliations
· Managing the Purchase Ledger function including payment and cheque runs, as well as monitoring supplier accounts
· Carrying out various reconciliations including monthly aged creditor and intercompany reconciliations, supplier statement reconciliations and adflex payment reconciliations
· Maintaining relationships with key stakeholders and partners, including suppliers, residents, local authorities, bailiffs, auditors and agencies
· Ensuring health and safety, regulatory and governance compliance within their remit in relation to VAT and CIS
· Possessing a working knowledge of multiple invoicing systems as utilised in the organisation, ensuring the team is proficient in their use
Skills, knowledge and experience required:
· Managing an Accounts Payable function and a medium-sized team
· Experience using a purchase ordering system
· Holding a good understanding of accounting processes
· Strong communication and negotiation skills
· Ability to organise large workloads and delegate tasks to the team
· Excellent numeracy skills and attention to detail
Rewards and Benefits:
· 26 days holiday rising to 31 days with length of service
· Annual bonus subject to group performance
· Excellent Pension scheme
· Private Healthcare
· Employee assistance programme
· Non-contributory life assurances
· 35 hours per week
· Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm
· 3-4 days working from home per week
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £100 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews! Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details.