We are currently working in partnership with a District Council who are recruiting for a Principal Accountant on a temporary three-month contract. This role is available on a 100% remote basis.
The position is due to start in the next few weeks and the hourly rate of pay is up to £40 via an Umbrella company.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience leading on the closedown of Council accounts.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Producing final accounts within agreed timetables and statutory deadlines
- Partnering with department managers and assisting with the budget setting process
- Ensuring expenditure, income levels and capital financing is determined in accordance with legislative requirements
- Interpreting, advising upon and implementing legislation and guidance
- Managing two Assistant Accountants
- Experience closing down Council accounts
- Experience with HRA/Housing directorates is preferred but not essential
- 37.5 hours per week
- Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £100 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews! Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details.