We are currently working in partnership with a Local Authority based in the West Midlands, who are recruiting for an Electrical Qualifying Supervisor on a temporary three-month contract with the view of an extension. The position is due to start immediately. The hourly rate of pay is £28.00 - £30.00 per hour on an Umbrella CIS basis.
The candidate must hold the following qualifications, 18th Edition (BS 7671:2018), 2391 Testing & Inspection (Initial and Periodic), AM2 Qualification, Basic ICT qualifications.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for the maintenance of the overall standard and quality of electrical installation work undertaken
- Oversee basic supervision of the team which includes four Electrician’s and one Electrical Apprentice
- Supporting the other four Supervisor’s within the team with day-to-day inspections
- Acting as the responsible person and main point of contact with NICEIC and ensure full compliance
- Ensuring the team are competent to carry out the range of electrical works required of them
- Undertaking effective works in progress inspections on; directly employed operatives, sub-contractors and agency staff, ensuring documentation and maintaining records for any third-party audits
- Checking, verifying and authorising completed electrical certification
- Previous experience within domestic, social housing properties
- Supervisory experience of relevant trades/contractors delivering repairs and maintenance to occupied domestic properties
- Ability to undertake risk assessments and method statements to ensure a safe working practice
- Experience of working in occupied domestic properties
- Understanding of H&S as applied in the workplace
- Experience of working with the public
- IT Literate
- Ability to manage own time and workload
- 37 hours per week
- Monday – Friday, 8AM – 4PM
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £100 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews! Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details.