Our client, based in Dorset, is currently recruiting for Technical Officer on a temporary contract for 6 months. Our client is a Dorset based Local Authority who is looking to add to their growing team.
The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis. The hourly rate is competitive based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate will have a HNC/HND in building or 10 years’ experience within adaptations and hold a full UK Driving License.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Provide technical advice and support to the Adult and Children`s Occupation Therapist Service through a combination of site visits, reports and meetings
* Evaluate the contractor’s quotes for grant aided works, referring to Housing Surveyors for support with complex cases
* Carry out interim inspections to address any problems arising during the work that requires a decision to be made about extra costs
* Undertake final inspections following completion of works or interim claims for payment by a contractor
* Liaise with manufacturers and suppliers on materials, disabled equipment and fittings to determine their suitability and quality for adaptations
* Maintain knowledge of relevant legislation and national policy so the best service is delivered
Skills, knowledge and experience required:
* HNC or HND in Building
* 10 years‘ experience within adaptations
* Experience working with vulnerable clients
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
For further information on the position, please contact Ashley Guest or Mike Hodgetts on 0117-303 5102 or please email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: Aids and adaptations; Building Surveying
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details