Our client, based in North Yorkshire, is currently recruiting for a Support Worker on a temporary contract for two months. Our client is proud to have an accreditation with Investors in People and have extended their services vastly since 1976.
The position is due to start immediately on a part time basis for 24 hours per week. The hourly rate is negotiable based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate must have experience in dealing with vulnerable clients groups, hold an Enhanced DBS dated within the past 3 years and have a Full UK driving License.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Provide generic housing related support to a variety of service users including those with mental health, substance misuse issues and facing homelessness etc
* Manage a caseload of approx. 10-12 service users, including those with substance misuse issues and challenging behaviour
* Assist with setting up of tenancies and provided advice on maintaining accommodation
* Provide advice on rent payment plants, employment and housing related issues
* Carry out risk assessments and update support plans
* Liaise with external organisations on behalf of service users including housing providers, benefits agencies and medical
* Supported Housing
* Minimum two years’ experience within the sector
* Dealt with a case load of clients
For further information on the position, please contact Katie Mason or Emma Chamberlain on 0113-816 0098 or please email enquiries to email@example.com.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: support worker; mental health practitioner; supported housing; homeless prevention; floating support; housing support; temporary accommodation; sheltered housing; project worker; key worker; substance misuse