Our client, based in Staffordshire, is currently recruiting for a Support Worker/Assistant Support Worker on a temporary contract for six to eight months. Our client is proud to be a global Charity that provides support to vulnerable people and has an excellent reputation in the Social Housing sector.
The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis. The hourly rate is negotiable based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working within a hostel based setting and will hold an Enhanced DBS within three years.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Responsible for dealing with a caseload of 13 high need service users in a hostel based setting dealing with drug, addiction and mental health needs
* Conducting support plans and risk assessments
* Carrying out health and safety and fire safety checks
* Providing one to one key working sessions and group working sessions
* Working alongside and signposting service users to the appropriate support providers
* Assisting service users in arranging appropriate appointments
* Dealing with volatile situations and resolving disputes between residents as necessary
* Working in a hostel environment
* Working with vulnerable clients
For further information on the position, please contact Grace Lane or Holly Gibson on 0121-274 0087 or please email enquiries to email@example.com.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: Hostel; Support Work; Social work; Floating support