Our client, based in Somerset, is currently recruiting for a Support Workers and Night Support Workers on a permanent or temporary to permanent basis.
The position is due to start as soon as possible on a full time basis. The role does require working weekends (around one a month) and shifts. The salary is £16,250 per year.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years’ experience in the sector, however this requirement can be flexible. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to get in to support to further their career.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Actively supporting clients to experience life opportunities which promote maximising potential
* Enabling community presence and participation as desired by the individual being supported
* Assisting in the assessment of individuals with autism and learning disabilities to enable them to develop their talents
* Providing regular support to the individuals and ensuring the maintenance of an environment which is safe and hygienic
* Ensuring working relationships with family members, health services and other professionals are maintained
Knowledge/Skills/Experience/Expertise (delete as appropriate) required:
* Previous experience supporting or caring for others (desirable)
* Experience supporting people with learning disabilities (desirable)
* QCF Level 3 Award in Health and Social Care (or equivalent) – or willing to work towards this
* Full driving licence (desirable)
For further information on the position, please contact Georgia Whitmore or Andrew Golder on 0117-303 5102 or please email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £100 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details