Our client, based in Exeter, is currently recruiting for Static Engineer Supervisor on a fixed term contract for 6 months with strong potential for extension. Our client is leading Construction and Facilities Management National company and this is an opportunity to work on the Nightingale Hospital.
The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis, 48 hours per week 4 on, 3 off. The rate of pay is negotiable based on experience for this position.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
• Take supervisory responsibility for the day to day operations of the static Engineering Team
• To work in both an administrative and ‘hands on’ capacity, undertaking the required paperwork functions whilst using practical experience and skills to assist and support the static Engineering Team
• To manage and monitor the work and performance of the static Engineering Team and sub – contractors, ensuring that performance levels are maintained to deliver excellent service to the Client and to meet required contract Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
• To manage the ordering of spares and materials to site for standard PPM works and also for additional extra works undertaken
• To ensure and control excellent housekeeping practices throughout the site
• Build long term relationships with existing and new / internal and external Clients of the business to ensure the business is driven forward
• Liaise and support the Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Advisor in developing and delivering a robust EHS policy to the account / contract, providing duty of care to both the company, employees and the Client
• Assisting with internal and external audits and development of best practice to ensure compliance with QA and EHS standards within the organisation
• Support quality control in accordance with the company’s Policies & Procedures: promoting good working practice throughout the Operations Team in terms of QA delivery (statutory requirements, site log updates, purchasing of equipment, site visit records, certificates, timesheets and all associated auditable materials and functions). Taking the lead at local level to ensure that records of works are accurate and meet all requirements of the QA policy of the organisation and specific region
• Communicate at all levels, both internally and at Client level, from day to day Client to key decision makers in support of the Contract Manager
• To provide timely, accurate and concise data to assist the Contract Manager to build required reports to both Clients and line management
• To manage sub-contractors attending sites to carry out specialist service and project works not within the remit of the company.
• To assist the client with keeping their compliance paperwork up to date and uploaded on their electronic systems on a monthly basis.
• Have three years’ experience in an Engineering Supervisory related role, following a recognised Engineering discipline Apprenticeship
• Have five years’ experience in an Engineering discipline (Electrical, Combustion etc.)
• Experience of working within and managing / supervising within a static site operations
Working hours (add/delete as appropriate):
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
For further information on the position, please contact Emily Reynolds 0117-303 5102 email@example.com.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: M&E, Electrical; Engineer ; Supervisor
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details