Our client, based in South East London, is currently recruiting for a Service Charge Officer on a 12 month Fixed-term contract. Our client is a not for profit resident-lead organisation, with a turnover of over £35 million.
The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis. The salary on offer is between £35,000 – £40,000 per annum, based on experiance.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years’ experience handling service charges and setting service charge budgets, however this requirement can be flexible.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Responsible for the estimation, calculation, administration and accounting of service charge costs to all residents
* Validate actual costs for residential stock with a variable service charge, identifying any discrepancies and resolving disputes
* Issue reconciliation statements of accounts, complying with agreements, leases and current legislation
* Advise on service charge implications for new housing development designs, attending meetings when required
* Ensure existing reserve/sinking funds are up to date and accurately recorded, notifying residents of balances following reconciliation
* Manage a small telecoms portfolio, ensuring that all service charges are recoverable and rent reviews are undertaken appropriately
* Act as the first point of contact for leasehold and invoice enquiries, dealing with any complaints when required
* Prepare annual statistical records and reports as required by the Head of Service, presenting them at key times throughout the year
* Reconciling service charge invoices
For further information on the position, please contact Caitlin MacNamee or Alex Dale on 01923-631 035 or please email enquiries to email@example.com.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: Leasehold; Service Charge; invoices; homeownership; Social housing; Landlords