Our client, based in Wiltshire, is currently recruiting for a Senior Support Worker on a temporary contract for six to nine months or on a permanent basis. Our client is one of the largest and longest established charities supporting people with learning disabilities.
The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis. They offer a variety of benefits to its staff, including a competitive salary, 28 days annual leave and staff rewards.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working with vulnerable clients, have an up to date DBS and hold a full UK Driving License.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Responsible for working with and supporting clients with Learning Disabilities and Mental Health needs in bungalows
* Conducting support plans and risk assessments and updating these when required
* Potentially supervising other members of staff and supporting induction of new starters
* Liaising with external agencies on a regular occurrence
* Working with clients to help them achieve independent living
* Ensuring that you and the staff team assist and encourage people to have a life like any other by becoming part of their community, have work and education opportunities
Skills & Experience required:
* Access to own vehicle and full UK driving License
* NVQ Level 2 Health and Social Care
* 12 months experience as a support worker
For further information on the position, please contact Andrew Golder or Tej Singh on 0117-303 5102 or please email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details