Our client, based in Birmingham, is currently recruiting for a Senior Payroll Officer on a permanent basis. Our client is proud to have gold accreditation in Investors in People with an employee satisfaction score of over 80%.
The position is due to start immediately on a full-time basis. The salary is negotiable based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of a year’s experience of supervising a payroll team, a proven track record of payroll across the UK and experience using SAP.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Running the monthly and weekly payrolls for approximately 3000 employees across multiple payrolls for both the UK and Irish employees
* Supervising three Payroll Officers, including setting targets and completing appraisals
* Reviewing payroll prior to sign off, highlighting anomalies and investigating discrepancies
* Administration of the in-house and auto-enrolment pension schemes
* Assist with month end procedures including submission of tax, NICs and 3rd party reporting
* Reconciliation of all payroll transactions
* Assisting with HMRC regulatory requirements including timely returns, RTI filings and benefits processing
* Reporting, reconciliation and payment of 3rd party supplier payments including to Courts and Pensions provider
* Assisting with preparation of Year End documents including P11D’s and P60’s including submission to the HMRC by set dates
* Lead and assist in the creation of tested payroll process and procedures documents
* Act as a key point of contact between HR and payroll regarding starters, leavers, maternity, paternity, bonuses and overtime
* Exposure to working for a business with multiple payrolls
* A minimum of 1 years’ experience supervising a Payroll team.
* Knowledge of Pension schemes and auto-enrolment requirements.
* Experience using SAP
For further information on the position, please contact Elliot Sahadeo or Win Banh on 0121-274 0187 or please email enquiries to ESahadeo@jarsolutions.co.uk.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: Payroll, Pensions, Manager, Supervisor
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details