Our client, based in London and the South East, is currently recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor & a Quantity Surveyor on a permanent basis. Our client is a multinational firm that has 150,000 employees in 70 countries. Together with their customers and partners, they form a community of imaginative builders who invent and build today’s solutions for tomorrow.
The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis. The salary for the Senior Quantity Surveying role is £65k-75k and the Quantity Surveying role is £50k-60k with both roles also offering a company car or car allowance.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years’ experience in the sector, however this requirement can be flexible.
Duties for the Senior Quantity Surveyor will include (but not limited to):
* Manage a commercial team to deliver the commercial objectives of the business on designated project(s) and to develop strong customer relationships with key clients and Consultants
* Control of sub-contract accounts and variation accounts, communicating effectively to minimise risk and disputes and to use change management control to secure the best possible outcome for the business.
* Spearhead the day to day cost control, monitoring and reporting and develop an understanding of the designated contract, specification and pricing ensuring compliance with conditions throughout
* Measure progress, submit valuations, submit final accounts and retention release and monitor receipt of payment in a timely manner whilst processing subcontractor requests for payment in accordance with their sub-contract terms.
* Complete a monthly cost / valuation report and cash flow for the designation projects and where appropriate, assist with estimates and negotiations for future projects or phases caravans
Duties for the Quantity Surveyor will include (but not limited to):
* Control all expenditure and reconcile cost/value reports and profit forecasts
* Manage sub-contract accounts and variation accounts and also sub-contract procurement and commercial management
* Drive the day to day cost control, monitoring and reporting whilst assisting and liaising with the buyers on materials procurement and buying opportunities
* Assist the Contract Manager with subcontractor selection and ensure the chosen subcontractor has the appropriate skill set and capability to deliver the works
* Measure progress, submit valuations, submit final accounts and retention release and monitor receipt of payment in a timely manner in accordance with the contracts
* Attending sites, site meetings and any further internal or external meetings as required
For further information on the position, please contact Nathan Purton or Sonny Butfoy on 0207-430 1284 or please email enquiries to email@example.com.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: Surveying, Forecasting
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £100 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details