Our client, based in Barnsley, is currently recruiting for a Senior (Chartered) Electrical Engineer on a permanent contract. Our client is proud to have won the CIBSE Building Performance Award, as well as shortlisted for numerous others.
The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis. The salary is £32,850 – £47,218 based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years’ experience working on Commercial and Housing contracts.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Responsible for the design, specification, programme and project management of electrical services installations for new build, maintenance and/or refurbishment type programmes of work
* Carry out the design and management of all types of electrical services projects including producing budget estimates, drawings, detailed service specifications, tender documentation and undertaking full contract administration duties on electrical led projects
* Promote the use of renewable technologies
* Deliver electrical projects in full in accordance with client’s brief and professional standards
* Champion and embed a genuine multi-disciplinary approach to project delivery
* Schedule and co-ordinate resources, liaising with colleagues, commissioners and clients as required
* Continually monitor the profitability of projects, ensuring they are delivered within agreed professional fees and proactively taking corrective action where required
* Where required carry out condition surveys, dilapidation or specific surveys to provide information for stock condition/asset management system and/or to aid asset appraisal
* Prepare technical/feasibility reports and valuations, advising on options and recommendations in an advisory capacity
* Act as the single point of contact on specific engineering issues across a range of clients
* Promote and manage the competitive, efficient and effective delivery of electrical services installations and energy management services (where required) to clients
* Assist with maintaining and developing professional standards and practices
* Where required, assist in the production and implementation of the marketing and business development strategy to achieve the agreed targets
* Provide coaching and guidance to colleagues on professional and technical standards
* Responsible for identifying new business opportunities
Professional Chartered Membership of the Chartered Institute of Building Service Engineers
Membership of the Engineering Council
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in an Electrical Engineering related discipline
Holds a current site card or is prepared to immediately attain
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
Extensive experience in a similar or related role
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
Familiar with relevant construction, health and safety legislation and risks and hazards associated with asbestos
For further information on the position, please contact Megan Hughes or Charlotte Boote on 0113-816 0098 or please email enquiries to email@example.com.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.