Our client, a leading Housing Association based in South East London, is currently recruiting for a Senior Building Surveyor on a permanent contract.
The position is due to start pending notice on a full time basis. The salary is £55k (dependent on experience) with an Essential Car User Allowance of £1,300pa.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, professional individual who is able to provide high quality, confidential and trustworthy customer focused service to residents.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Managing a team of surveyors undertaking the inspections, evaluations, and specification preparations
* Providing technical and leadership expertise
* Managing the commissioning of consultants and contractors to completion of specific projects
* Working as line manager, providing regular team updates on progress to internal and external stakeholders
* Setting targets, cash flow forecasts, complete performance reviews, and coordinating team delivery
* Ensuring the delivery of objectives by working collaboratively with all teams
* Liaising with the Surveying Manager, Head of Procurement and others regarding the overall approach to fire improvement works
* Working with a variety of stakeholders and partners, for example; Local Authority building control, Contractors and residents
* Ensuring that health and safety requirements are included in all reporting and liaising with the corporate health and safety team as required to ensure adequate priority is given to this area of work
* Contributing to the identification of risks as part of the planning process, whilst ensuring adequate mitigation and control measure are implemented
* RICS Chartered Building Surveyor
* Excellent Building Surveying skills with good knowledge of construction methods of the build environment
* Experience of Building Control, Planning Applications, CDM 2015 and HSE legislation
* Understanding of contract law and excellent knowledge of standard forms of contracts
* Familiarity of either Project Management process APM or Prince2
For further information on the position, please contact Jon Pearson or Sonny Butfoy on 0207-430 1284 or please email enquiries to email@example.com
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: Building Surveying; Technical Surveying; Service Delivery; RICS; Project Management
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details