Our client, based in Barnsley, is currently recruiting for a Senior Architectural Technologist on a permanent contract. Our client is proud to have won the CIBSE Building Performance Award, as well as shortlisted for numerous others.
The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis. The salary is negotiable based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years’ experience managing projects on Housing contracts.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Apply sound knowledge of building construction, legislation and codes of practice
* Prepare drawings and specifications and to manage and supervise building contracts with a minimum of direction
* Obtain tender quotations in accordance with orders and Company procedures
* Liaise with other professionals in the delivery of building projects
* Undertake surveys and prepare records of existing building projects
* Supervise members of the team under the direction of Senior Management
* Programme and organise the use of resources to ensure that projects allocated to the team are delivered on time, within budget, to the appropriate standard and that the agreed rate of return is achieved
* Ensure that customer requirements are identified and agreed with the client
* Fee earning at 90%, and contribute to the achievement of business plan objectives and targets
* Carry out duties appropriate to the grade and nature of the post
* Promote continuous improvement and deliver demonstrable high quality products and services which embrace quality standards
* This role requires frequent travel to other offices and sites as required
* HNC/HND in a related discipline or can demonstrate significant relevant experience
* Holds a current site card or is prepared to immediately attain
* Membership of the Institute of Architectural Technologist and be working or prepared to work towards chartered status
Desirable skills and knowledge:
* Experience in a similar or related role
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD
* Familiar with relevant construction, health and safety legislation and risks and hazards associated with asbestos
* Familiar with Revit software
For further information on the position, please contact Megan Hughes or Charlotte Boote on 0113-816 0098 or please email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.