Our client, based in Leicestershire, is currently recruiting for a Responsive Repairs Surveyor on a temporary contract for six months. Our client has been awarded the Cabinet Office’s prestigious Customer Service Excellence (CSE) Standard as well as retaining its Investors in People (IIP) accreditation.
The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis. The hourly rate is negotiable based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate will have a relevant construction qualification equivalent to HNC or higher, or a construction trade background and ideally have experience working in Local Government.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Undertake inspections to both social rental and corporate properties both tenanted and void
* Diagnose disrepair; issue works orders and monitor contractor performance in the execution of work
* Investigate and recommend the use of appropriate building products in maintaining the organisations fixed assets
* Undertake pre-inspections at the request of residents and other internal and external stakeholders
* Ensure adherence to health and safety (including the Construction Design and Management Regulations) requirements around Fire Risk Assessment’s, asbestos, gas servicing, fixed wire electrical inspection, PAT testing, water hygiene, lift maintenance and other similar in the context of domestic and commercial premises
* Carry out void pre and post inspections in a timely manner and ensure contractor performance is monitored to make sure prompt turnaround times are achieved to the void properties
* Look critically at the voids and responsive repairs process in order to deliver a more efficient, customer focused service
* Investigate, recommend and implement changes to void processes in line with emerging good practice and to establish good practice where practicable
* Assist in the production of reports, data and other management information
* Maintain and develop electronic information systems including data bases and filing structures using corporate systems
* Construction qualification equivalent to HNC or higher
* Ability to work in confined spaces, at height and use fall arrest systems with training
* Full driving licence and access to a car
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
For further information on the position, please contact Joe Torr or James Bateman on 0116-268 5026 or please email enquiries to email@example.com
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: Voids, Responsive Repairs, Planned works, asbestos, gas servicing, fixed wire electrical inspection, PAT testing, water hygiene, lift maintenance
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details