Our client, based in North London, is currently recruiting for a Repairs and Maintenance Surveyor on a permanent basis. Our client is proud to manage around 8,000 affordable homes, primarily in nine boroughs in north and east London, with many more in development.
The position is due to start in September on a full time basis. The salary is £38,274 per annum.
The ideal candidate must have experience working within a similar role and hold a full UK Driving Licence.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Assist the Head of Repairs and Maintenance with the control of the responsive and voids repair and maintenance services
* Manage a “patch” of properties within the Repairs and Maintenance team from pre to post inspections
* Manage the exposure to risk regarding Health and Safety is minimise
* Ensure contractors are aware of the risk of asbestos in properties and adhere to the asbestos management strategy
* Provide support and advice to front line staff dealing with repair requests
* Respond to customer complaints promptly within SLA and minimise litigation and compensation through proactive and effective liaison with customers whilst proactively supporting colleagues in the CSC and Quality Team in dealing with complex issues and complaints
* Follow procedures to ensure voids are ready for re-let as quickly as possible, monitor and manage time, cost and quality of voids works to ensure voids are delivered within target times
* Ensure contractors are compliant with health and safety issues as they relate to legislation
Qualifications and Experience required:
* HND or Higher in Building Surveying/Construction discipline
* Post qualification experience of building surveys and inspections
* Post qualification experience of defect diagnosis and repair
* Post qualifications experience of contractor management
* Experience of managing and controlling budgets
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
For further information on the position, please contact James Bateman or Ailis Reilly on 01923-631 012 or please email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: Repairs; Maintenance; Surveyor; Housing.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details