Our client, based in Central London, is currently recruiting for a Rents and Service Charge Accountant on an initial three month temporary contract. Our client is a Housing Association based in Central London working with their core values of Inclusion, determination, positive challenge and friendly professionalism at the heart of what they do.
The position is due to start on a full time basis by the end of January, and the rate is negotiable dependent on experience.
The ideal candidate will have 2 years’ experience working in a similar role, as well as be a P/Q/Finalist or Qualified Accountant with experience working for SME
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Manage and oversee the preparation, calculation, processing and communication of the annual rent and service charge setting process ensuring compliance the current standards for over c.3,500 units nationally (no leasehold properties)
* Demonstrate awareness of current legislation, regulation and good practice surrounding rent setting, including housing benefit and universal credit requirements for social rents, intermediate and market rents
* Responsible for the correct setting of all rents including re-lets, fair rents, new build properties and any other rental income streams
* Ensure that the rents are properly accounted for on a timely basis
* To be aware of and provide advice on housing benefit and universal credit implications relating to proposed and actual service charges levied
For further information on the position, please contact Ehren Smith or Puja Ladva on 0207-430 1284 or please email enquiries to email@example.com.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*