Our client, based in Barnsley, is currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor on a permanent contract. Our client is proud to have won the CIBSE Building Performance Award as well as shortlisted for numerous others.
The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis. The salary is £25,000 – 37,000 based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years’ experience working on Commercial and Housing contracts.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Prepare feasibility studies, preliminary estimates, cost plans, databases, tender and other analysis and advise on the economics of design at the early stages of a project and provide advice on the use of whole life costing techniques
* Prepare high quality tender documentation undertaking pricing documentation during tender periods
* Undertake preliminary analysis of tenders, prepare cost breakdowns and initial cost profile under supervision and negotiate contract sums
* Control all post contract procedures, make valuations for payments, producing financial reports and monitoring actual and anticipated expenditure against profile
* Assist in the project management of schemes, setting objectives, provide direction, control and advise on related matters including issuing progress reports and in post contract reviews
* Prepare final accounts and agree with contractor, including verifying claims and dealing with audit procedures
* This role requires frequent travel to other offices and sites as required
* Professional membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (Student or AssocRICS) and be working or prepared to work towards Chartered status – Essential
* Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a related discipline – Essential
* Holds a current site card or is prepared to immediately attain – Essential
For further information on the position, please contact Megan Hughes or Charlotte Boote on 0113-816 0098 or please email enquiries to email@example.com.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.