Our client, based in Cambridgeshire, is currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor on a permanent contract. Our client is proud to have attained multiple honours in social housing including: Winner of the Housing Design Awards 2018 – Masterplan and Area Strategies category.
The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis (Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 5.00pm, 37 hours a week). The salary is negotiable dependant on experience.
The ideal candidate will have experience within a similar role and hold a full UK Driving License as a car will be required.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Preparing tender and contract documents for residential projects as well as, general and special educational needs new and refurbished school projects – particularly relating to Higher Education
* Completing post contract cost management and detailing cost reporting, cost analysis and forecasting for residential/education projects
* Performing cost planning and estimating, risk assessing and value engineering
* Providing strategic management advice including overall programme
* Managing and agreeing packages of various sub-contractors, from initial tendering packages to on-site valuations and final accounts
* Liaising with the Site and Contracts Manager to ensure the quality of work was up to a high standard and to plan the day’s works
* Client facing role – the successful candidate should have the ability to manage their own workload and eventually other members of staff whilst contributing to the overall expansion of the office
* The office is rapidly expanding which provides the potential for significant career progression
Skills & Experience required:
* Experience within a similar role
* Ability to manage their own workload and eventually other members of staff
* Full UK Driving License
For further information on the position, please contact Megan Hughes or Ailis Reilly on 01923-631 012 or please email enquiries to email@example.com
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: Quantity Surveyors; QS; Estimator; Cost Management; Housing; Education; Residential
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details