Our client, based in Manchester, is currently recruiting for two Project Workers on a fixed term contract for 6 months. Please see below for further contract details regarding part time/full time hours and specific client groups across the projects.
The position is due to start immediately and the hourly rate is negotiable based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years’ experience in the social housing sector, providing support to client groups including either mental health or the elderly 55+.
Please note a car is required for this role and applicants without access to a vehicle will not be considered.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Providing an effective support service to residents with low-level Mental Health needs aged 18+ within a residential setting
* Boosting confidence and assisting with tenancy support and benefit applications
* Supporting elderly residents aged 60+ and encouraging them to maintain their independence before moving onto care homes
* Conducting daily calls to check in on residents’ welfare
* Carrying out Health and Safety inspections around the buildings
* Assisting with volunteer opportunities and social activities across the schemes e.g. coffee mornings
* Proving opportunities to the elderly service users including trips to the day centres to encourage community engagement
* Conducting and recording weekly fire alarm tests
* Monitoring and ensuring the communal areas, pathways, gardens and dustbins are kept clean, tidy and safe
* Carrying out administrative tasks which will involve answering queries that come into the scheme both internal and external via telephone and email
Experience supporting vulnerable service users
Support background rather than care
Risk assessment and health and safety awareness
X1 Project – Mental Health aged 18+ – Full time 35 hours (Monday to Friday, 9-5)
X2 Project – Elderly Extra Care Scheme – Part time 21 hours (Wednesday to Friday, 9-5)
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
For further information on the position, please contact Amy Mackley or Emily Reynolds on 0161-341 0147 or please email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: Support; complex needs; scheme
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details