Our client, based in Devon, is currently recruiting for a Private Sector Housing Officer on a temporary contract for 12 months minimum.
The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis. The hourly rate is negotiable based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate must have experience of dealing with DFG’s and have access to their own vehicle.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Inspecting private sector dwellings to asses conditions using knowledge and experience of HHRSS to identify hazards
* Dealing with urgent situations in private dwellings using emergency Housing Act powers
* Inspecting premises and assessing the suitability of property for adaptation in respect of DFGs
* Determining premises for licensing as HMOs, and ensuring private landlords are aware of their management obligations
* Using enforcement powers to bring landlords under licensing conditions
* Investigating complaints regarding housing conditions and taking appropriate action
* Supporting other housing work in relation to empty homes and corporate risk work including communal fire risk assessments for client services
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
For further information on the position, please contact Georgia Whitmore or Andrew Golder on 0117-303 5102 or please email enquiries to email@example.com
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details