Our client, a people focused leader in the Public sector is recruiting for a Payroll & Pensions Officer based in the Birmingham City Centre on temporary basis for up to six months. This role is for an expanding organisation with state-of-the-art facilities and is a great opportunity to develop within a commercially focused department. The working hours for the post are based on a 37 hour week.
The hourly rate is negotiable based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate will have a previous payroll and pensions experience and available to start immediately.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Deal with payroll administration for approximately 3,500 employees on a monthly cycle
* Process statutory deductions including SMP, SPP, SSP and SAP
* Handle general payroll administration including data entry and timesheet inputting
* Understanding tax, national insurance and pensions contributions
* Update employee’s personal information
* Starting parallel payroll runs for new systems being integrated in the department, testing dummy payroll runs and resolving queries
* Resolving payroll and pension queries via email and over the phone
* Administering pensions scheme including Local Government Pensions and Teachers Pensions, and working through a backlog of pensions
* Ensure compliance with relevant legislation including data protection, HMRC, LGPS and Teachers Pensions
* Manually calculating changes to pensions or salaries
* Dealing with auto-enrolments and real time information
* Processing P11ds and administering changes to tax codes
* Liaising with HMRC and other relevant pensions providers and
* Using Resource Link or Oracle is highly desirable
For further information on the position, please contact Clara Willis or Win Banh on 0121-274 0187 or please email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details