We are working with a College organisation based in East London, who are currently recruiting for a Payroll Officer on a 3 month temporary contract, with the chance to apply for the permanent role when advertised.
The position is due to start w/c 3rd of May on a full time basis.
The salary for this role is c£28,000 per annum and is negotiable based on experience for this position.
Please note the ideal candidate will have will need to be up to date with payroll legislation and have experience working in Education.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
– Oversee the day to day payroll activity and efficiently run the monthly payroll for 330 paid staff at the college
Co-ordinate payroll administration including ensuring consistency of methods and application of all payroll procedures and practices
– Ensure that all employees receive the correct remuneration due in accordance with their contract of employment and College policies, and are paid on time
– Enter data direct to the on-line payroll system, checking all input and output for accuracy and maintain staff records where necessary
– Understand and process all statutory payments and deductions
– Assist with the administration of employee pension contributions including entering data via the Teachers’ Pensions on-line and the completion of necessary forms (LGTP)
– Understand and process pay and entitlements of the College’s occupational sick pay and maternity schemes together with SSP and SMP as well as record all absence details and liaise with line managers as appropriate
– Liaise with employees in cases of overpayments and take necessary steps to arrange recovery
– Investigate and resolve complex payroll queries using the on-line payroll system
– Deal tactfully and sympathetically with employee pay enquiries by telephone, in writing or in person and to advice on payroll related matters
– Complete financial references and returns from statutory bodies, building societies, etc.
– Assist with writing reports using the on-line payroll system report writer and/or spreadsheet and to supply management and financial information as required
· Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills: V Lookups, Pivot tables
· Good analytical skills
· Experience working in a busy payroll environment (minimum 2 years)
· An excellent understanding of statutory deductions (e.g. income tax, national insurance, student loans, etc) and statutory payments (e.g. SSP, SMP, etc. and pension schemes)
· Experience using an online payroll system
· Experience working in a HR environment
· A Knowledge and understanding of the Higher Education Sector
· Experience using iTrent payroll system
· A relevant payroll qualification
Skills, knowledge and expertise required:
· Good written and oral communication skills
· Proven analytical skills
· Highly organised, and analytical approach to task and issue management
Rewards and Benefit
· Working from available (on a rota basis)
· Generous Holiday entitlement
· Generous Pension Scheme
· On-site parking
· The chance to apply for the permanent role when advertised
· 36 hours per week
· Monday – Friday 8:30-5:30
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
For further information on the position, please contact Puja Ladva or Lowri James on 0207-430 1284 or please email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: Payroll; Administration; HR; employee; legislation; pension; higher; education; iTrent; LGTP;
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details