Our client, based in Shropshire, is currently recruiting for a Painter/Decorator on a temporary contract for four months. Our client is an excellent provider of homes and care services across Shropshire and Staffordshire. They work closely with their customers, partners and wider-community to support thriving neighbourhoods and independent retirement living.
The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis. The hourly rate is negotiable based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate will have experience within a similar role and hold a full UK driving License.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Carry out external and internal painting and to work in the local office and head office from time to time, as requested by the team
* Collect job orders and arrange visits to keep pre-arranged appointments, as appropriate
* Carry out jobs according to instructions and to keep materials usage to a minimum consistent with required quality standards, obtaining approval whenever any substantial variation from orders is required
* Report to the Supervisor any additional items or defects encountered during the course of day-to-day work
* Ensure that work is carried out in accordance with all Health and Safety at Work regulations and codes of practice, including wearing protective clothing as supplied, and to attend training as requested
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge, with training where appropriate, of standards applicable to individual trade
* Experience within a housing repairs and maintenance environment
* To have carried out responsive and planned repair work
* Experience of health and safety best practice and procedures
* NVQ or City and Guilds in relevant trade
For further information on the position, please contact Tom Campbell or Roshanne Rid on 0121-274 0087 or please email enquiries to email@example.com.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: Painter; Decorator; Responsive; Planned; Repair; Social Housing
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details