Our client, based in South Wales, is currently recruiting for an Infrastructure Engineer on a permanent contract. Our client is a large public sector organisation in the area undergoing a number of exciting projects.
The position is due to start immediately on a full-time basis. The salary is £33,199 – £39,609 based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate will have worked with Linux in a similar Infrastructure support based role.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Developing systems, maintaining and supporting complex IT application
* The provision and maintenance of large-scale Linux server infrastructure and associated services
* The supporting and developing of existing web based applications built on standard open source platforms
* Produce and maintain technology design policies, philosophies and criteria covering connectivity, capacity, interfacing and a number of other areas
* Maintain IT asset inventories within your area of responsibility
* Liaise with technology suppliers and review technology costs against planned budgets, taking into account new technological developments
* Experience of provisioning, managing and supporting Linux server infrastructure and associated services
* An understanding of web based applications built on standard open source platforms
* Development experience and strong skills in SQL
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
For further information on the position, please contact Dom Barker or Alex Mitchell on 0121-274 0087 or please email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: Infrastructure; Engineer; Server; Linux; SQL; MySQL; ITIL
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*