Our client, a Local Authority in Greater Manchester, is currently recruiting for a Licensing Officer on a temporary basis. The contract length is initially expected to be 9 months until March 2019. The role is due to start immediately and will be for 37 hours per week and the rate for this role is competitive.
The ideal candidate must hold a full UK Driving License, have Licensing experience and knowledge of the Licensing Act 2003.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Demonstrating knowledge of The Licensing Act 2003, Gambling Act 2005, Scrap Metal Act 2013 a range of other legislation associated with the licensing of premises and businesses within the Borough
* Deploy a range of legal remedies, up to and including prosecution, to ensure that licensees are compliant and to protect the safety of the public
* Working closely with the administration tea m regarding the enforcement of necessary acts
* Respond to enquiries, investigate complaints and issue licenses within prescribed statutory timescales
* Be the first point of contact for all licensing queries and complaints
* Ensure authority meets its statutory responsibilities regarding all licensing policies
* Advising premises on appropriate courses of action, as well as writing reports and preparing letters as appropriate
* Work closely with the Licensing committee to grant, revoke, and suspend licenses where necessary and conduct prosecution reports
* Giving advice on aspects of Licensing including: gambling, food and drink, alcohol (pubs and clubs), scrap metal and street trading
* Complete administration to include writing up and recording reports on the relevant IT system
* Hold premises Licensing experience
* Have working knowledge of the Licensing Act 2003
* Hold a full UK Driving License
For further information on the position, please contact Molly Haley or Emily Reynolds on 0161-341 0147 or please email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: Enforcement; Licensing; Local Authority; Council