Our client, based in Cumbria, is currently recruiting for a Licensing Officer on a temporary contract for three to six months.
The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis. The hourly rate is negotiable based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum five years’ experience of licensing within a Local Authority and have knowledge of the below acts.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Demonstrating knowledge of The Licensing Act 2003, Gambling Act 2005, Local Government Act 1976 and 1974, Vehicle Act 2000, and the Health Act 2000
* Following up on taxi applications, handling complaints, issuing licenses, and undertaking inspections
* Conducting PACE interviews, utilising knowledge of PACE and RIPA; and attend regular meetings
* Be the first point of contact for all licensing queries
* Ensure authorities meet its statutory responsibilities regarding all licensing policies
* Advising premises on appropriate courses of action and write reports
* Working in partnership with trading standards and the police
* Granting, revoking, and suspending licenses where necessary
* Giving advice on aspects of Licensing including: gambling, taxis, food and drink, alcohol, scrap metal and street trading
* Five Years’ experience of Licensing
* Knowledge of the above mentioned acts
For further information on the position, please contact Emily Reynolds or Amy Mackley on 0161-341 0147 or please email enquiries to email@example.com.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: Enforcement; Licensing; hackney carriage; gambling; charitable collection; private hire