Our client, based in Cumbria, is currently recruiting for a Licensing Officer on a temporary contract for three months.
The position is due to start after the bank holiday, is on a full time basis and the hourly rate is negotiable based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate will have a knowledge of licensing acts mentioned below.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Demonstrating knowledge of The Licensing Act 2003, Gambling Act 2005, Local Government Act 1976 and 1974, Vehicle Act 2000, and the Health Act 2000
* Working closely with the administration team regarding the enforcement of necessary Acts
* Conducting PACE interviews, utilising knowledge of PACE and RIPA; and attend regular meetings
* Be the first point of contact for all licensing queries
* Respond to enquiries, investigate complaints and issue licenses within prescribed statutory timescales
* Ensure authorities meet its statutory responsibilities regarding all licensing policies
* Advising premises on appropriate courses of action and write reports
* Working in partnership with trading standards and the police
* Granting, revoking, and suspending licenses where necessary
* Giving advice on aspects of Licensing including: gambling, taxis, food and drink, alcohol, scrap metal and street trading
* The Licensing Act 2003
* Gambling Act 2005
* Local Government Act 1976 and 1974
* Vehicle Act 2000
* Health Act 2000
For further information on the position, please contact Elliot Cook or Emily Reynolds on 0161-341 0147 or please email enquiries to email@example.com
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.