Our client, based in North West Lancashire, is currently recruiting for a Licensing Manager on a temporary contract for six months with a strong likelihood to extend to a 12 month contract. The position is due to start shortly and the hourly rate is negotiable based on experience for this position.
The successful candidate must have knowledge of licensing and line management experience.
Duties will include (but not limited to)
* Managing a team of 5 to include Licensing Officers, Assistants and a Trainee
* Holding responsibility for the professional development of the team which will involve appraisals and one-t0-
* Being the main source of knowledge and expertise on The Licensing Act 2003, Gambling Act 2005, Local
Government Act 1976 and 1974, Vehicle Act 2000 and the Health Act 2000
* Following up on taxi applications, handling complaints, issuing licenses, and undertaking inspections
* Conducting PACE interviews, utilising knowledge of PACE and RIPA; and attend regular meetings
* Handling licensing escalations and complaints
* Ensuring authorities meet its statutory responsibilities regarding all licensing policies
* Working in partnership with trading standards and the police
* Granting, revoking, and suspending licenses where necessary
* Giving advice on aspects of Licensing including: gambling, taxis, food and drink, alcohol, scrap metal and street trading
Knowledge/Skills/Experience/Expertise (delete as appropriate) required:
* Line management
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
For further information on the position, please contact Emily Reynolds on 0161-341 0147 or email EReynolds@jarsolutions.co.uk. James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*