Our client, based in Somerset, is currently recruiting for a Registered Manager on a temporary contract for three months (minimum). Our client is proud to be one of the largest national charities providing support to those with Learning Disabilities.
The position is due to start immediately on a temporary, full-time basis. The hourly rate is negotiable based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate will be CQC registered and will have experience working with the client group.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
* Managing a team of staff including a Deputy Manager and Support Workers, carrying out appraisals, setting staff KPI’s and training new starters
* Responsible for all aspects of the service in line with CQC requirements
* Ensuring the service users are receiving the highest standards of professional support experiencing life opportunities helping to promote growth and independence as identified in PCP plan and approaches
* Supporting tenants of self-contained flats who have Learning disabilities and who display a complex nature and have challenging behaviours
* Actively promoting independence to a group of tenants, helping them to live as independently as possible
* Ensuring that the service delivers quality support to meet identified needs in accordance with individual plans, and contributing to the development of plans
* Positively promoting a culture that seeks to prevent vulnerable adult abuse / neglect and ensures protection
* Conform to the regulations and meet the requirements of the relevant Care Standards Inspectorate and other relevant legislation
* Assuming designated budgetary management as required and assisting the Area Manager in the management of the service
* Ensuring the safe administration, ordering and storing of medication
* Contributing to the care and wellbeing of service users (in line with CQC)
There is also possibility for the position to go permanent with a salary between £26,000 and £32,000 per annum
Knowledge/Skills/Experience/Expertise (delete as appropriate) required:
* CQC Registered
* Experience managing staff and working with those with Learning Disabilities/Autism
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
For further information on the position, please contact Georgia Whitmore or Andrew Golder on 0117-303 5102 or please email enquiries to email@example.com
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £100 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details